Wood-effect flooring for any home décor style –
advice from our Petts Wood tile experts
Here at Tilemates’ Petts Wood showroom we’ve seen the popularity of wood-effect flooring grow steadily for a number of years, but in recent times the demand has absolutely skyrocketed.
Why choose wood-effect flooring?
When it comes to wood-effect flooring, you have two main choices: vinyl or porcelain tiles:
* Wood-effect glazed tiles are hardwearing and durable – this makes them appealing to homeowners as they offer the character and charm of natural timber but with all the practical benefits of a low-maintenance porcelain product. With minimal effort, wood-effect porcelain tiles will stay looking good for a long time; they won’t warp, rot or splinter and don’t require sanding, sealing, polishing or waxing like wood. In addition, porcelain tiles can be used with underfloor heating for year-round warmth.
* Wood-effect vinyl flooring is easy to install and maintain. With advances in digital printing technology and manufacturing techniques, as well as improvements and variations in colour and pattern, wood-effect vinyl flooring has become all the more convincing in recent years and that, combined with its practical qualities means the benefits stack up against real wood floors.
Our wood-effect porcelain tiles and vinyl products are stylish as well as practical and provide homeowners with a great deal of versatility – there’s something for every room and interior style:
* Industrial and vintage interiors
Reclaimed wood floor is very much in favour and is set to be a look which is here to stay. A lot of newer wood-effect floor designs replicate the pleasing appearance of distressed, rustic aged planks – these work well in both shabby-chic and industrial settings, especially when laid with staggered joints for an authentic linear floorboard finish.
* Simple and fresh: Scandi chic
Vinyl or porcelain tiles in muted lighter colour options, which mimic pale limed wood, or subtle grey tones are perfect for those who seek the Scandi style that is in favour at the moment. Kitchens, bathrooms and living rooms will all be enhanced with the addition of pared-back and subtly textured wood-effect flooring and perhaps a sheepskin rug or geometric mat.
* Opulent dark wood-effect flooring for drama
Wood-effect flooring in darker tones will add warmth and character to traditional living rooms, bathrooms, hallways, kitchens and dining rooms. A fantastic look can be created by laying either porcelain tiles in a herringbone configuration or by adding a unique central motif or contrasting border with Amtico vinyl flooring.
* Light and contemporary wood-effect flooring
Homeowners who seek a timeless look tend to opt for the golden tones of maple-effect flooring – sometimes in a herringbone or parquet pattern. When it comes to open plan interiors, the character and warmth of a light oak-effect flooring cannot be beaten.
Visit your nearest Tilemates showroom for quality tiles and vinyl flooring
With showrooms in Brighton, Crayford, Petts Wood, Tunbridge Wells and Welling we offer a vast range of ceramic, porcelain and glass mosaic tiles for every taste and budget. Our Welling and Tunbridge Wells showrooms also offer vinyl flooring from premium manufacturers, Karndean and Amtico.
Our showroom teams are on hand to provide expert advice and assistance with any home interior project – to find out more about our range of flooring, please speak to a member of the Tilemates team at your nearest store:
Brighton: 01273 412000
Crayford: 01322 555453
Petts Wood: 01689 878667
Tunbridge Wells: 01892 514004
Welling: 020 8303 4023
Chessington Head Office: 020 8397 6284